Since the mid-1990s, Henrik Hauge Andersen has primarily provided legal advice in the fields of construction and procurement law with a special focus on the building and construction industry.
Henrik has extensive litigation experience from cases in which he has represented the Danish government and from several major court and arbitration proceedings in the field of construction law, particularly the Copenhagen Metro project. He has also conducted cases concerning social housing and cases concerning major company headquarters developments and renovation projects.
Over the past ten years, Henrik has conducted a number of cases before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement, primarily for the contracting authority, and he regularly advises contracting authorities and technical consultants on procurement rules. Moreover, Henrik conducted the only arbitration proceedings published to date regarding consultants' liability in relation to tender process errors.
In addition, Henrik has some public law experience, especially in the fields of planning law and compulsory acquisition law.
Henrik speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Henrik has advised clients in matters such as:
- calls for tenders for new administration centre in Vordingborg in a quasi-public/private partnership
- calls for tenders for lead consultancy services in connection with the renovation of Tibberupparken and Skovparken, Snekkersten
- tenders for lead consultancy services in connection with the construction of the new Storstrøm Bridge
- tenders for the Arctic Ring and the Flamingo Aviary at Copenhagen Zoo
- addendum to the lead consultancy services agreement for Bryghusgrunden
Henrik has also assisted in court and arbitration proceedings concerning:
- the construction of Stages 1 and 2 of the Copenhagen Metro (Metroselskabet v Comet) together with Michael Gjedde-Nielsen and others
- representation of client in case against a number of contractors and the lead consultant concerning the construction of large-scale major headquarters building in Copenhagen with a contract sum of DKK 850 million
- construction project errors and defects in connection with the construction of residential building facilities at Sluseholmen, Copenhagen
- determination of contract sum in connection with the dredging of parts of Copenhagen harbour
EDUCATION AND CAREER
Partner, VILTOFT, 2009
Attorney, VILTOFT, 2000-2009
Admitted to the Supreme Court, 2000
Attorney, Philip & Partnere, 1997-1999
Admitted to the High Court, 1995
Admitted to the Danish Bar, 1995
Assistant attorney and attorney, Kammeradvokaten, 1992-1996
Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen, 1992
Henrik teaches construction law and procurement law for almost all key providers of law courses in Denmark and also customised courses for public authorities and private businesses.
Author of article about procurement rules and the selection of construction client in social housing (Udbudsreglerne og valg af bygherre til alment nybyggeri) in Tidsskrift for Bolig og Byggeret 2004, page 287.
Member of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law and the Danish Association for Procurement Law