Steen Hellmann advises public authorities, private businesses and technical consultants on all aspects of construction and procurement. Steen assists in the drafting and negotiation of contracts and has extensive experience in court and arbitration proceedings in the field of construction law. Steen additionally assists in the planning, implementation and monitoring of calls for tenders for building and construction projects and for the procurement of goods and services.
Steen advises on labour and employment law, assisting trade unions in particular. He has extensive experience in court and arbitration proceedings in the field of labour and employment law.
Steen speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Steen has advised and assisted clients in areas including:
- ongoing advisory services in the field of labour and employment law
- drafting and implementing calls for tenders for the construction of EU-sponsored biogas plants in Zealand, contracts for infrastructure works in connection with the Metro project in Copenhagen and contracts for an urban development project
- calls for tenders for insurance services relating to a major construction project
- establishing urban and area development companies on a public-private partnership basis
- shareholder agreements in connection with the formation of companies or consortiums
- calls for tenders and conclusion of contracts for ambulance services and patient transportation for four of the five Danish regional authorities (contract value: approximately DKK 4 billion)
- calls for tenders, conclusion of contracts and provision of technical consultancy services on the City Ring Project in Copenhagen
- the legal effects of bankruptcy of contracting parties
Steen also assists in court and arbitration proceedings concerning:
- technical consultants' design and supervision liability
- product liability in the building and construction industry
- completion statements and defects in construction projects
- claims for delay and liquidated damages
- indexation in construction projects
- on demand bonds, performance bonds, advance payment bonds and client payment bonds
- rules and regulations on construction and consulting services in Greenland
- interpretation of collective agreements and working time agreements
- termination of employment and summary dismissals of employees
- employers' claims for repayment
- scope of application of the Danish Act on Transfers of Undertakings
- distribution of income among public-sector companies
WHAT OTHER SAY
Steen Hellmann is ranked in the Legal 500 dispute resolution and employment categories: http://www.legal500.com/firms/11936-viltoft/13037-copenhagen.
EDUCATION AND CAREER
Partner, VILTOFT, 2009
Admitted to the High Court, 2005
Admitted to the Danish Bar, 2003
Assistant attorney and attorney, VILTOFT, 2000-2009
Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen, 2000
Studies at New York University School of Law, USA, 1999
Tutor and external lecturer in property law at the University of Copenhagen, 2000-2011
Steen teaches courses on the rules and regulations governing consulting services (ABR 89) for private and other course providers, in particular on the subjects of consultants' liability, construction law, procurement law and labour and employment law
Justitia, no. 4/1998, Complaints about actual defects
Chairman, A/S Botica Entreprise
Chariman, Kildegård Privatskole (2013-)
Member of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law, the Danish Association for Procurement Law, the Danish Association of Litigators, the Danish Labour Law Society, Danish Employment Law Lawyers and the Danish Company Law Society.