For almost 30 years, Hans Lykke Hansen has advised clients including local and regional authorities, housing associations, utility companies and commercial businesses in the fields of construction and procurement law. He advises on the planning of procurement procedures, the review and drafting of tender documents, the subsequent review of tenders received, participation in contract negotiations and drafting of the final contractual documents as well as the handling of disputes in the fields of construction and procurement law.
Hans has acted as legal adviser in very many of the most important building and construction projects in Denmark over the past 20-25 years, including the Great Belt Link, the Øresund Link (both land installations and tunnel) and a wide range of small- and large-scale building projects, procurement of IT services, etc.
He has conducted several court and arbitration proceedings before the High Court, the Supreme Court and the Danish Building and Construction Arbitration Board as well as several cases before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement. He has also acted as an ad hoc arbitrator in several proceedings.
Hans speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Hans has provided legal assistance in the following capacities:
- Consultant to Realdania By A/S in connection with a number of urban and area development projects in collaboration with local authorities across Denmark, including NærHeden, Ringkøbing K, Fredericia C and Køge Kyst
- Adviser on an ongoing basis to a number of leading firms of architects and engineers in Denmark, including adviser to joint lead consultancy ventures in connection with the construction of ‘superhospitals’ in several locations in Denmark
- Legal representative of consultants and their liability insurance companies in a number of court and arbitration proceedings about consultants' liability in connection with projects in Denmark and abroad
- Adviser to a number of local authorities in the fields of construction law, procurement law and municipal law
EDUCATION AND CAREER
Senior attorney, VILTOFT, 2018-
Admitted to the Supreme Court, 1987
Partner, VILTOFT, 1982
Admitted to the High Court, 1981
Admitted to the Danish Bar, 1978
Assistant attorney and attorney, VILTOFT, 1974-1982
Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen, 1974
Hans has taught construction law and procurement law for all significant providers of law courses in Denmark, and he has also taught courses for several local authorities.
Co-author (with Michael Gjedde-Nielsen) of "ABR 89: General Conditions for Consulting Services”, Karnov Group, 3rd edition, 2013.
Member of the boards of directors of:
- The Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law (since 2002)
- Lundgaard & Tranberg Arkitekter
- Wohlert Arkitekter
- Wissenberg Rådgivende Ingeniører