Eva Olesen is part of the VILTOFT team of procurement specialists and has more than nine years’ practical experience in procurement law.
Eva mainly advises public authorities and private enterprises on all aspects of procurement, ranging from advice on the choice of tender type and strategy, advice on the organisation of the tendering process, preparation of tender documents and the conduct of negotiations to assistance in addressing critical issues in relation to the tender procedure and the handling of complaints.
Eva often works closely with the contracting party or acts as an adviser to the client adviser, being a key sounding board for all parties involved and ensuring a successful tendering procedure.
In addition, Eva advises both public and private clients on all aspects of construction law, especially in cases concerning technical consultancy. She has participated in the preparation and conduct of several arbitral proceedings in that field.
Eva speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Eva has advised clients on matters including:
- call for tenders for the construction of new sustainable housing for CIVICA, Department 055
- call for tenders for operation and maintenance of Metro lines M1 and M2 in the period from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2024 (contract value: DKK 2bn)
- call for tenders for the Metro to Nordhavn project for the Copenhagen Metro (contract value: DKK 2.2bn)
- preparation of social clauses for inclusion in the call for tenders for the Copenhagen City Ring Line
- call for tenders for Odense Tramway for the City of Odense (contract value: DKK 2.5bn)
- call for tenders for demolition of high-rise buildings contaminated with PCBs and asbestos in Brøndby Strand (contract value: DKK 200m)
- call for tenders for the first stage of a new university hospital in Køge (contract value: DKK 2.2bn)
In addition, Eva has been involved in a number of arbitral proceedings and in complaint cases brought before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement regarding:
- design and supervision liability of technical consultants, including a case concerning the liability of Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects as lead consultant on the Louiselund Care Centre and Senior Housing project
- call for tenders for Bio4 project for HOFOR – Greater Copenhagen Utility
- call for tenders for Odense Tramway for the City of Odense
WHAT OTHERS SAY
In Legal 500, Eva Olesen has been highlighted as a "Next Generation Partner" since 2020 in the category Real Estate and Construction. Eva is also highlighted in the category EU and Competition, and in the guide it is stated:
“Eva Olesen, who was promoted to the partnership in March 2022, has key knowledge of procurement contracts and disputes concerning delays and disruption to construction works.” (2023)
“Eva Olesen excels at adapting her communication to clients. It is important that clients feel heard and understood. Eva masters both parts excellently.” (2023)
EDUCATION AND CAREER
Partner, VILTOFT, 2022-
Junior partner, VILTOFT, 2019-2022
Attorney, VILTOFT, 2016-2019
Assistant attorney, VILTOFT, 2013-2016
Master of Laws (LL.M.), Aarhus University, 2012
TEACHINGEva regularly teaches procurement and contract law for a number of course providers such as Djøf.
Justitia 2014/2: Tailored construction works and leases from a European procurement law perspective
Member of the Danish Bar Association's Climate Committee (2023-)
Member of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law, the Danish Association for Procurement Law, the Danish Arbitration Association and Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC).