For more than 10 years, Jacob Allon has advised and assisted private businesses in matters primarily related to large-scale legal disputes within various areas of law, including construction law and professional liability.
Jacob has considerable experience in managing and conducting large-scale complex court cases and arbitral proceedings in close collaboration with the legal and technical staff of clients. He always aims to achieve the outcome that is best for the client, whether it be a settlement, a final court judgment or an arbitral award. Jacob is also highly experienced in conducting negotiations and making settlements. In connection with his dispute resolution work, Jacob has participated in major expert appraisal cases, and has assisted several of the largest Danish companies in complex arbitral proceedings involving claims in excess of DKK 1 million, including construction cases.
In addition to his work within dispute resolution, Jacob advises public authorities, public-sector companies and private businesses on existing as well as future contractual relationships.
Jacob speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Jacob Allon’s recent work includes advice in the following fields:
- drafting of construction contracts for construction clients and technical consultants
- drafting of agreements between construction clients in connection with the execution of the Copenhagen Metro project and a concurrent extension of the Fisketorvet shopping centre
- drafting of settlement agreements in active construction projects
- agreements between project developer and local authority in relation to the local authority’s sale of a large site
- insurance cover for errors and omissions in local authority building projects and commercial building projects
- supply of heat pumps to co-generation plants
Jacob has also participated in litigation and arbitration concerning the following:
- use of MgO boards as wind barriers in large-scale building and renovation projects, including participation in a number of expert appraisal proceedings
- fees of technical consultants and their design and supervision responsibilities
- contractor delays and additional claims in relation to the construction of the Copenhagen Metro, including participation in expert appraisal proceedings
EDUCATION AND CAREER
Attorney, VILTOFT, 2017-
Attorney, Gorrissen Federspiel, 2012-2016
Litigation – specialist education, 2014
Foreign lawyer, Paul, Weiss, RIfkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, New York, 2011-2012
Attorney, Gorrissen Federspiel, København, 2009-2011
Admitted to the Danish Bar, 2009
Assistant attorney, Gorrissen Federspiel, København, 2006-2009
Masters of Laws (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen, 2006
English for Law, University of Copenhagen, 2005
External lecturer in construction law at the University of Copenhagen, 2021-
Internal lecturer – litigation, Gorrissen Federspiel, Copenhagen/Aarhus, 2012-2016
Board member and co-founder of Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC), 2013-2016